from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A list of employees receiving wages or salaries, with the amounts due to each.
- n. The total sum of money to be paid out to employees at a given time.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A list of employees who receive salary or wages, together with the amounts due to each.
- n. The total sum of money paid to employees.
- n. The series of accounting transactions that ensure that employees are paid correctly, and that all taxes etc are properly deducted; the department in a company responsible for it.
- v. To place on a payroll.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the department that determines the amounts of wage or salary due to each employee
- n. the total amount of money paid in wages
- n. a list of employees and their salaries
Sorry, no etymologies found.