American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Occurring, appearing, or coming due every month: a monthly meeting; monthly rent payments.
- adj. Continuing or lasting for a month.
- adv. Once a month; every month.
- n. A periodical publication appearing once each month.
- n. Informal The menses.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Continued for a month, or performed in a month: as, the monthly revolution of the moon.
- Done or happening once a month or every month: as, a monthly meeting; a monthly visit.
- Lasting a month.
- n. A magazine or other literary periodical published once a month.
- n. plural Menses.
- Once a month; in every month: as, the moon changes monthly.
- As if under the influence of the moon; in the manner of a lunatic.
- adj. Occurring every month.
- adv. Occurring every month.
- n. A magazine that is published once a month
- n. euphemistic the menstrual period
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Continued a month, or a performed in a month.
- adj. Done, happening, payable, published, etc., once a month, or every month
- n. A publication which appears regularly once a month.
- adv. Once a month; in every month.
- adv. obsolete As if under the influence of the moon; in the manner of a lunatic.
- n. a periodical that is published every month (or 12 issues per year)
- adj. of or occurring or payable every month
- adv. occurring once a month
- month + -ly (Wiktionary)
“Once a month, they jogged off in similar style to one of these meetings in particular, to what they called their monthly meeting, where they paid in their subscriptions for the poor, and other needs of the society, and read over and made answers to a set of queries on the moral and religious state of their meetings.”
“This program allows you to pay your debt to the IRS in monthly installments.”
“From Jerry Robinson, legendary creator of the Joker, seventy-year veteran of the comics industry, and prominent figure in monthly books, daily strips, and comics journalism, comes a comprehensive history of the truly American art form!”
“And I would like to begin monthly meetings with both the Democratic and Republican leadership.”
“I had to accept a 36% reduction in monthly benefits for two of my pensions to enable 100% survivor benefits for Doris after my death, and a 39% reduction on one of them.”
“An invoice, sent monthly, is an excellent reminder of payment due.”
“Until you define low cost option in monthly premium amounts, it means nothing.”
“The anti-tax Club for Growth is funded by big insurance groups who are using the monies you pay in monthly premiums to fund their baseless lies via ads.”
“The program provides $2,500 in monthly support for a graduate-level researcher and $2,000 a month for an undergraduate.”
“Cloud suggests you can be a service provider and sell software in monthly increments.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘monthly’.
Very basic words for ESL students.
Looking for tweets for monthly.