from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Happening every two months.
- adj. Happening twice a month; semimonthly.
- adv. Once every two months.
- adv. Twice a month; semimonthly.
- n. A bimonthly publication. See Usage Note at bi-1.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Occurring once every two months; bimestrial
- adj. Twice every month; semimonthly.
- adv. once every two months; bimestrially
- adv. Twice every month; semimonthly.
- n. Something (especially something published) that occurs or is done on a bimonthly basis.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Occurring, done, or coming, once in two months.
- adv. Once in two months.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Occurring every two months.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. occurring twice a month
- adv. every two months
- adj. occurring every two months
- adv. twice a month
- n. a periodical that is published twice a month or every two months (either 24 or 6 issues per year)
bi- + month + -ly (Wiktionary)