American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Happening every two months.
- adj. Happening twice a month; semimonthly.
- adv. Once every two months.
- adv. Twice a month; semimonthly.
- n. A bimonthly publication. See Usage Note at bi-1.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Occurring every two months. Sometimes erroneously used for semi-monthly, as applied to periodicals appearing twice a month.
- adj. Occurring once every two months; bimestrial
- adj. Twice every month; semimonthly.
- adv. once every two months; bimestrially
- adv. Twice every month; semimonthly.
- n. Something (especially something published) that occurs or is done on a bimonthly basis.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Occurring, done, or coming, once in two months.
- adv. Once in two months.
- adj. occurring twice a month
- adv. every two months
- adj. occurring every two months
- adv. twice a month
- n. a periodical that is published twice a month or every two months (either 24 or 6 issues per year)
- bi- + month + -ly (Wiktionary)
“The note asked — or no, instructed — him to meet the water truck that came bimonthly from the nearest town, Indio Muerto, which lay some 35 miles across the motionless plain.”
“Girls Hunt Too!!!" and "We've Got Braggin 'Rights," the bimonthly is similar to "the grown-up magazines, but minus the grown-up language," says Kiihnl.”
“The study participants were split up into two groups -- one group was given materials for patient education on taking the medications and were called bimonthly to check on medication adherence, while the other group was given the same materials in addition to information on the benefits of positive affirmations with regard to medication adherence.”
“Also, we remain concerned about the listing of capital costs for expenditures such as bimonthly roof replacements, a seemingly excessive amount of firefighting equipment, and a stealth missile system.”
“If so, I'd like to start with "bimonthly" (or biweekly, or biannually).”
“Dredge has become our community organizer, holds tournaments on a bimonthly basis.”
“ARL publishes first e-only bimonthly report, Resea ...”
“Inc. processes your credit card and then orders the parts needed to build your computer; wine clubs collect your $200 annual membership fee before the first of your bimonthly bottles is shipped.”
“Girls from the New Moon Girls 8 - to 14-year-old cohort (full disclosure: I'm pleased to edit New Moon Girl magazine's bimonthly collections of girl wisdom) consistently illustrate the sea change from the days when women of my boomer generation shivered in skirts in blustery playgrounds.”
“• Marc Abrahams is editor of the bimonthly Annals of Improbable Research and organiser of the Ig Nobel prize”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘bimonthly’.
two; twice; every two; lasting two
Words with mutually exclusive double meanings. Also, here are some:
QUASI-AUTANTONYMS: slow up/slow down; bar/debar; bone/debone; burn up/burn down; fat chance/slim chance; fill in/fil...
Words listed first by me that don't belong in any other list.
Looking for tweets for bimonthly.