from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Made up of four parts.
- adj. Being one of four parts.
- adj. Occurring or appearing at three-month intervals: a quarterly magazine; a quarterly payment.
- adj. Heraldry Having four sections. Used of a shield.
- n. A publication issued regularly every three months.
- n. An examination given regularly every three months in some colleges.
- adv. In or by quarters.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Occurring once every quarter year (three months).
- adv. Once every quarter year (three months).
- n. A periodical publication that appears four times per year.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Containing, or consisting of, a fourth part.
- adj. Recurring during, or at the end of, each quarter
- adv. By quarters; once in a quarter of a year.
- adv. In quarters, or quarterings; ; in four or more parts; -- said of a shield thus divided by lines drawn through it at right angles.
- n. A periodical work published once a quarter, or four times in a year.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Containing or consisting of a fourth part.
- Recurring at the end of every quarter of the year: as, quarterly payments of rent; a quarterly visitation or examination.
- n. A publication or literary periodical issued once every three months.
- In quarters; by quarters.
- Once in a quarter of a year: as, the returns are made quarterly.
- In heraldry: Arranged according to the four quarters of the shield.
- Arranged according to quartering, even when more than four divisions exist: as, he bears quarterly of twelve. Compare quartering, 4.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or consisting of a quarter
- n. a periodical that is published every quarter (or four issues per year)
- adv. in three month intervals
- adv. in diagonally opposed quarters of an escutcheon
Explanation of Terms Used-- The term "quarterly operating tax rate" represents the tax rate on our recurring operating results.
The term "quarterly operating tax rate" represents the tax rate on our recurring operating results.
This report and the associated excel database present market data for cellular handset shipments and KPIs for 8 major handset vendors together with short term quarterly forecasts up to Q4 2012.
Now turning to productivity, which we defined as quarterly gross profit generated per staffing consultant.
Apple posted a 70% surge in quarterly earnings, again eclipsing IBM's profit, in the latest sign that CEO Jobs's gamble on consumer gadgets is paying off.
A weak recovery is ideal for this company, which recently reported a 23% jump in quarterly earnings thanks to a rise in revenues.
& Finance Apple posted a 70% surge in quarterly earnings, eclipsing the profit reported by IBM, in the latest sign that CEO Steve Jobs's gamble on consumer gadgets is paying off.
Last week, industry leader LVMH Mo ë t Hennessy Louis Vuitton and Burberry PLC both reported double-digit increases in quarterly sales.
A year ago, the same 18 banks earned $6.2 billion in quarterly profits; at that time, they added more than $7.8 billion to the same reserves, a move that reduced their profits.
LONDON — British Sky Broadcasting Corp. on Friday posted a 78.1% increase in quarterly net profit, underpinned by rising demand for its products, particularly broadband and phone services.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.