from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Involving or lasting a relatively brief time.
- adj. Payable or reaching maturity within a relatively brief time, such as a year: a short-term loan.
- adj. Acquired over a relatively brief time: short-term capital gains.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of or pertaining to the near or immediate future.
- adj. of or pertaining to a short duration of time
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. relating to or extending over a limited period
short + term (Wiktionary)