American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Issued or occurring twice a week.
- n. A semiweekly event or publication.
- adv. Twice weekly. See Usage Note at bi-1.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Made, issued, or occurring twice a week, or once every half-week: as, a semi-weekly tour of inspection; a semi-weekly newspaper.
- n. A journal that is issued twice a week.
- adj. alternative spelling of semi-weekly.
- n. A periodical published twice a week.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Coming, or made, or done, once every half week
- n. a periodical that is published twice each week (or 104 issues per year)
- adj. occurring twice a week
- adv. twice a week
“Mr. Katz is the editor of the semiweekly Oriental Economist Alert.”
“SANS NewsBites is a semiweekly high-level executive summary of the most important news articles that have been published on computer security during the last week.”
“One of the most famous editors of the age was Philip Freneau, an ardent Republican and once "penniless young poet," and the publisher of the National Gazette, a semiweekly newspaper.”
“She's also been criticized by the local semiweekly newspaper for a new policy requiring department heads to get the mayor's approval before talking to reporters.”
“Mr. Katz is editor of the semiweekly Oriental Economist Alert.”
“Dust the windowsills as part of your weekly or semiweekly dusting.”
“Monthly, weekly, semiweekly, the drains in our house clogged.”
“I found that the daily phone call was not too unlike our semiweekly visit; we felt as close to each other and as open and authentic with each other as we did when we were together.”
“Nearly every town of any consequence had a weekly or semiweekly market, which was held in the market place or in the churchyard.”
“A semiweekly _Advertiser_ and _Tribune_ of May 14th, with full accounts of the taking of New Orleans and the battle of Williamsburg, which we have not heard about, and the splendid doings have roused me all up to full war pitch again.”
‘semiweekly’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for semiweekly.