from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Occurring once a year or every year.
- adv. Once a year; annually.
- n. A publication issued once a year.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Happening once every year.
- adv. Once a year.
- adv. Every year.
- n. Something that is published once a year.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Happening, accruing, or coming every year; annual.
- adj. Lasting a year.
- adj. Accomplished in a year.
- adv. Annually; once a year to year.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Annual; happening, accruing, or coming every year: as, a yearly rent or income.
- Lasting or continuing for a year: as, a yearly plant; a yearly tenant or tenancy.
- Comprehending a year; accomplished in a year: as, the yearly circuit or revolution of the earth.
- Annually; once a year: as, blessings yearly bestowed.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. without missing a year
- n. a reference book that is published regularly once every year
- adj. occurring or payable every year
From Middle English yeerly, yerely, from Old English ġēarlīc ("yearly, of the year, annual"), equivalent to year + -ly. Cognate with Scots yerelie ("yearly"), West Frisian jierliks ("yearly"), Dutch jaarlijks ("yearly"), German jährlich ("yearly"), Swedish årlig ("yearly"), Icelandic árlegur ("yearly"). (Wiktionary)