Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In a sincere manner, in any sense of the word sincere; wholly; purely; with truth; truly; really.
- adv. In a sincere or earnest manner; honestly.
- adv. US A conventional formula for ending a letter, used when the salutation addresses the person for whom the letter is intended by his or her name.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adv. Purely; without alloy.
- adv. Honestly; unfeignedly; without dissimulation.
- adv. written formula for ending a letter
- adv. with sincerity; without pretense
- sincere + -ly, from Latin sincerus ("pure, clean, sound"). (Wiktionary)
“Before you buy a bunch of the high-power Garrett or BB ammo, bear in mind that even with a scope this rifle weighs only 8 ½ pounds, and it really, most sincerely, is going to kick.”
“They really are likely to be thoughts he believes in sincerely, not just someone else's TP.”
“Researching the activities and causes of Tea Party chapters and members across the country, in many states, as well as in the U.S. capital, I find no evidence that the Tea Party movement sincerely is fighting for freedom for all and individual liberties.”
“Does Corbin sincerely believe that law enforcement officials acquired the ability to tap cell phone lines in 2001?”
“That's better than many people make in sincerely great positions during Fortune 500 companies!”
“The irony, and I mean that sincerely, is that I think 93kph is a personal best for my car.”
“That is, if the joint ticked is acheived for political reasons, not much good may come out of it; however, if both contenders join sincerely, and the 'chemistry' works, then November will be no challenge whatsoever! tony, Mount Vernon, NY”
“It's true, Jay, that few people doubt McCain sincerely believes in what he is advocating.”
“Her kindness and generosity, and I mean this sincerely, is one of the two reasons I'm still around today.”
“It has been a unique pleasure to have you with us and we thank you sincerely from the bottom of our hearts that are Canadian hearts, here, there and always.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘sincerely’.
Lessons from the art of letter writing.
To Whom It May Co..., Dear Sir or Madam, complimentary close, sincerely, valediction, salutation, yours truly, yours sincerely, sincerely yours, very truly yours, I am, Sir, your m..., yours faithfully and 24 more...
If I've seen it, heard it, or marvelled at it, I'll stick it here.
2007 Scripps National Spelling Bee Round 2
I'm especially fond of ones written by Charles Sanders Peirce.
durable steadfast words
Looking for tweets for sincerely.