from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The quality of being productive.
- n. Economics The rate at which goods or services are produced especially output per unit of labor.
- n. Ecology The rate at which radiant energy is used by producers to form organic substances as food for consumers.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the state of being productive, fertile or efficient
- n. the rate at which goods or services are produced by a standard population of workers
- n. the rate at which crops are grown on a standard area of land
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being productive; productiveness.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The power of producing; productiveness.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (economics) the ratio of the quantity and quality of units produced to the labor per unit of time
- n. the quality of being productive or having the power to produce
Sorry, no etymologies found.