Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or character of being superior, in any sense.
- n. In Scots law, the right which the superior enjoys in the land held by the vassal. (See superior, 3.) The superiority of all the lands in the kingdom was originally in the sovereign. Synonyms Preference, etc. (see
priority); predominancy, ascendancy, advantage, preponderance, excellence, nobility.
- n. the state of being superior
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The quality, state, or condition of being superior
- n. displaying a sense of being better than others
- n. the quality of being superior
- n. the quality of being at a competitive advantage
- n. the state of excelling or surpassing or going beyond usual limits
“The term superiority is used here in a very specific way by Adler to mean transitioning from a felt-sense of inadequacy to a felt-sense of competence, and for Adler this was a major factor contributing to the development of community among people.”
“There were others than Pansy, however, who commented on what they called her superiority -- the young men who appeared in the evening.”
“We alone are the masters of civil prudence, and our superiority is the more conspicuous, if we deign to cast our eyes on the rude and almost ridiculous jurisprudence of Draco, of Solon, and of”
“Clearly, that moral "superiority" is most evident when the fabled British Army is indulging in a "little light entertainment" (above right).”
“One of these days, over the Taiwan Straits or Central Asia, we will learn that eternal air superiority is not guaranteed to the United States as some kind of codicil to Manifest Destiny.”
“Air superiority is the foundation of our military strategy.”
“But merits of the particular airplane aside, maintaining robust air superiority is generally some of the best dollars spent on the US military. the chocolate whizbang Says:”
“The danger behind genetic theories of racial superiority is that it inevitably follows that this âscientifically provenâ inequality should somehow lead to action of one sort or another. âInferiorâ people should be discriminated against for the good of the State or the Corporation, take your pick.”
“Less than three weeks ago I wrote, "The President's worn method of argument and same old attitude of moral superiority is getting tired fast.”
“What makes this more than a parlor game demonstrating female superiority is the extent to which it reveals the role of empathy in giving.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘superiority’.
They told you they're five.
above or beyond; to a great degree; extra large; of a higher kind
Words I like!
( personal list, favorite words, randomness )
Looking for tweets for superiority.