from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Haughtiness in bearing and attitude; arrogance.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. haughtiness or arrogance; loftiness
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Haughty manner or spirit; haughtiness; pride; arrogance.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Haughty feeling or bearing; arrogant manner or spirit.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. overbearing pride evidenced by a superior manner toward inferiors
French, from Old French, from haut, high; see haughty.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From French. (Wiktionary)