from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state or quality of being stern.
- n. The result or product of being stern.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being stern.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The quality or character of being stern.
- n. Synonyms See stern, adjective
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. uncompromising resolution
- n. the quality (as of scenery) being grim and gloomy and forbidding
stern + -ness (Wiktionary)