from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The quality or state of being inflexible, or not capable of being bent or changed; unyielding stiffness; inflexibleness; rigidity; obstinacy.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being inflexible, or not capable of being bent or changed; unyielding stiffness; inflexibleness; rigidity; firmness of will or purpose; unbending pertinacity; steadfastness; resoluteness; unchangeableness; obstinacy.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The quality of being inflexible; incapability of being bent; unyielding stiffness; obstinacy of will or temper; firmness of purpose.
- n. Synonyms Tenacity, resolution, perseverance; doggedness, stubbornness, obstinacy.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a lack of physical flexibility
- n. the quality of being rigid and rigorously severe
Sorry, no etymologies found.
The association would also continue to challenge what it termed the inflexibility of the provision that a maximum of 25 percent of a public place may be demarcated as a smoking area.
Cognitive inflexibility is a signature trait of the conservative mind.
Cognitive inflexibility is the hallmark of conservative swine and Doc Hunt is the standard.
But the opposite of inflexibility is wishy-washy, right?
And this kind of ideological inflexibility is the best way for a party to squander a very favorable electoral landscape.
This sort of intellectual inflexibility is hardly unique to libertarians.
She might start with a review of the Stafford Act, which in its inflexibility is damming up $2 billion in FEMA grants to local governments.
Inflexible physical laws are necessary; their very inflexibility is divine order; but 'what law cannot do, in that it is weak through the flesh, God did by sending his Son in the likeness of sinful flesh.'
I can certainly live with that short term inflexibility for the better rate.
Their short term inflexibility continues to erode our schools, road, water systems, etc.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.