from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The quality or state of being inflexible, or not capable of being bent or changed; unyielding stiffness; inflexibleness; rigidity; obstinacy.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being inflexible, or not capable of being bent or changed; unyielding stiffness; inflexibleness; rigidity; firmness of will or purpose; unbending pertinacity; steadfastness; resoluteness; unchangeableness; obstinacy.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The quality of being inflexible; incapability of being bent; unyielding stiffness; obstinacy of will or temper; firmness of purpose.
- n. Synonyms Tenacity, resolution, perseverance; doggedness, stubbornness, obstinacy.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a lack of physical flexibility
- n. the quality of being rigid and rigorously severe
Sorry, no etymologies found.