Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The quality of being manly, or of possessing the distinctive attributes of a man; character or conduct worthy of a man; manhood.
- n. set of qualities, traits and abilities considered appropriate to man; similarity to man
- n. euphemistic male genitals
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The quality or state of being manly.
- n. the trait of being manly; having the characteristics of an adult male
- manly + -ness (Wiktionary)
“Let it be _virtuous_ to be _obstinate_,' let there be no better principle of that identity which we insist on in men, that firmness which we call manliness, and the cherished _wrong_ is honour.”
“So, you know how it is, if its a Libertarian or Right Winger, well … manliness is something they fantasize about.”
“He shows that true manliness is not opposed to love but thrives on it.”
“Your collective manliness is amazing to behold and feared by all.”
“That where manliness is concerned, women giveth and women taketh away.”
“These days manliness is expressed via a big paycheck.”
“Despite very different political perspectives, manliness is the common ground for power and authority in both maritime romances.”
“Republican manliness is not at odds with such unguarded displays of affect, for the "loftiness" and”
“The occasional burst of iron-manliness is bad enough in itself: "And Jack — dear Jack — you have your marvellous old attaché case, as faithful as the dog you had to shoot.”
“When boys are getting big, they generally want to show off and to impress other boys with their "manliness" -- or at least what they think is manliness.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘manliness’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
Looking for tweets for manliness.