from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The quality or state of being noble; nobility or grandeur
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being noble; greatness; dignity; magnanimity; elevation of mind, character, or station; nobility; grandeur; stateliness.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or quality of being noble.
- n. Greatness of excellence or worth; loftiness; excellence; magnanimity; elevation of mind; nobility.
- n. Stateliness; grandeur; magnificence.
- n. Excellence; choiceness of quality.
- n. Of metals, freedom from liability to rust.
- n. Synonyms See nobility and noble.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the quality of elevation of mind and exaltation of character or ideals or conduct
Sorry, no etymologies found.