from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The quality or state of being kindly.
- n. A kindly deed.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state of feeling kindly towards someone or something, or the actions inspired thereby.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Natural inclination; natural course.
- n. The quality or state of being kindly; benignity; benevolence; gentleness; tenderness.
- n. Softness; mildness; propitiousness.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The quality of being kindly; inclination to be kind; natural affection; benevolence.
- n. Synonyms Benignity, humanity, sympathy, kind-heartedness, fellow-feeling.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. friendliness evidence by a kindly and helpful disposition
kindly + -ness (Wiktionary)