from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The quality or condition of being sincere; genuineness, honesty, and freedom from duplicity.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The quality or state of being sincere; honesty of mind or intention; freedom from simulation, hypocrisy, disguise, or false pretense.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being sincere; honesty of mind or intention; freedom from simulation, hypocrisy, disguise, or false pretense; sincereness.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or character of being sincere.
- n. Freedom from duplicity, deceit, or falsehood; honesty; truthfulness.
- n. Integrity; uprightness; faithfulness.
- n. Synonyms See sincere.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a quality of naturalness and simplicity
- n. the trait of being serious
- n. the quality of being open and truthful; not deceitful or hypocritical
- n. an earnest and sincere feeling
From Middle French sincérité. (Wiktionary)