from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Swiftness of action or motion; speed. See Synonyms at haste.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Speed.
- n. The speed of individual waves (as opposed to the speed of groups of waves).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Rapidity of motion; quickness; swiftness.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Rapidity of motion; swiftness; quickness; speed.
- n. Velocity, Swiftness, etc. See quickness.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a rate that is rapid
French célérité, from Old French, from Latin celeritās, from celer, swift.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
French célérité > Latin celeritas > Latin celer, fast, swift. (Wiktionary)