Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or character of being punctual. Scrupulous exactness with regard to matters of fact or detail; exactness; nicety.
- n. Adherence to the exact time of meeting one's obligations or performing one's duties; especially, the fact or habit of promptness in attendance or in fulfilling appointments.
- n. The character of being, or existence in, a point.
- n. The state of being punctual
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The quality or state of being punctual; especially, adherence to the exact time of an engagement; exactness.
- n. the quality or habit of adhering to an appointed time
“True, it was half-past four, and he is such a stickler for what he calls punctuality, and has no sympathy with those delays which are inseparable from going out in a new bonnet.”
“So I'm hanging around the baggage claim area in the Austin airport waiting for my husband to show up (punctuality is not one of his many assets).”
“When those strategies don't work, you might want to limit your dealings with those people, if punctuality is important to you.”
“A U.S. company where punctuality is important and meetings always start on time faces adjustments if it opens an office in South America or France, where being 10 to 15 minutes late to a meeting is considered acceptable: being on time is called 'British Time'.”
“That time can only be estimated, therefore punctuality is rare and not very important.”
“It was a hard lesson in punctuality — and in minding the details — but one he never forgot.”
“Thus, although punctuality is respected it is by no means revered as in Canada and the US.”
“Don't misunderstand me; I think punctuality is a great virtue, and if I sound uncommonly apprehensive about offending you, please remember that I've had a lot of conditioning as a Cabinet Minister in a minority government.”
“The fact is, Mme. Murat was unaware that punctuality is the politeness of kings, as Louis XIV. so well said.”
“The amazing facilities, both in punctuality and speed, that modern science has produced, have made the world exacting both as to swiftness and sureness of communication.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘punctuality’.
Just like it says
The vocabulary of conference interpreting. I commend this list to those who want to know more about the profession and to those who wish to organize their knowledge about the profession. To aspirin...
Manners and etiquette
Culturally Literate Words
Looking for tweets for punctuality.