from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The state or quality of being material.
- n. Physical substance; matter.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The quality of being material; having a physical existence.
- n. The quality of being of consequence to a legal decision.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being material; material existence; corporeity.
- n. Importance.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or condition of being material; physical constitution or organization; corporeity: as, the old belief in the materiality of heat.
- n. A material thing; material substance.
- n. Material character; coarseness; grossness.
- n. The perception of material substance by the mind; that factor in cognition which is recognized as material.
- n. The quality of being material; importance; essentiality: as, the materiality of testimony.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the quality of being physical; consisting of matter
- n. relevance requiring careful consideration
Sorry, no etymologies found.