from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The quality or condition of being excessively or affectedly sentimental.
- n. A sentimental idea or an expression of it.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An act of being sentimental.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being sentimental.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The quality of being sentimental; affectation of fine or tender feeling or exquisite sensibility; sentimentalism.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. extravagant or affected feeling or emotion
- n. falsely emotional in a maudlin way
Sorry, no etymologies found.