from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Dalliance; flirtation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An affectation of amorous tenderness, especially of a woman directed towards a man.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Attempts to attract admiration, notice, or love, for the mere gratification of vanity; trifling in love.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Effort to attract admiration, notice, or love, from vanity or for amusement; affectation of amorous tenderness; trifling in love.
- n. Synonyms See flirtation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. playful behavior intended to arouse sexual interest
French coquetterie, from coquette, coquette; see coquette.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From coquette + -ry (Wiktionary)