from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Trivial; petty.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of fiddle.
- n. action of the verb to fiddle
- adj. Of petty or trivial importance; footling
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act or practice of playing on the fiddle.
- n. Trifling; useless or unimportant doings; fidgeting with the fingers or hands.
- Tri fling; trivial; fussily busy with nothing.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (informal) small and of little importance
Sorry, no etymologies found.