American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- v. To play or frolic boisterously.
- v. To run or advance in a rapid or easy manner.
- v. Slang To win a race or game easily.
- n. Lively, merry play; frolic.
- n. Lively or frolicsome play that encompasses lovemaking.
- n. One, especially a girl, that sports and frolics.
- n. A rapid or easy pace.
- n. Slang An easy win.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To play rudely and boisterously; leap and frisk about in play.
- n. A rude girl who indulges in boisterous play.
- n. Rude play or frolic: as, a game of romps.
- In racing, to run easily, as if in a frolic; run without effort; hence, to accomplish something with apparently little effort.
- n. In racing, an easy, unforced pace.
- v. intransitive To play about roughly, energetically or boisterously.
- v. transitive (US) (Often used with down) To press forcefully, to encourage vehemently, to oppress.
- v. To win easily.
- v. slang To engage in playful or boisterous sex.
- n. A period of boisterous play, a frolic.
- n. slang A bout of playful or boisterous sex.
- n. archaic A girl who indulges in boisterous play; a tomboy.
GNU Webster's 1913
- v. To play rudely and boisterously; to leap and frisk about in play.
- v. To go rapidly and without strained effort.
- v. To win easily; -- often used with over, in sports games
- n. A girl who indulges in boisterous play.
- n. Rude, boisterous play or frolic; rough sport.
- n. a girl who behaves in a boyish manner
- n. an easy victory
- v. run easily and fairly fast
- v. win easily
- v. play boisterously
- n. gay or light-hearted recreational activity for diversion or amusement
- Alteration of ramp2. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“A Palin romp through early Republican primaries coupled with enduring unpopularity for President Obama, Heilemann believes, would also give rise to an "Isn't there anyone else out there who can save us?”
“The alpha and omega of giantess films: This sci-fi teen romp is about a pack of out-of-town joyriding teens led by Beau Bridges (!) that wind up in a small town after crashing their car in a rain storm.”
“This fish-out-of-water romp is just the thing to cure those grey, February doldrums!!”
“USATODAY. com - Packer, CBS change game plan in romp, come through”
“Packer, CBS change game plan in romp, come through”
“North Carolina had lofty expectations to meet this season, but Monday's title romp showed it could live up to them, Mark Kriegel”
“North Carolina lives up to hype with title romp by Mark Kriegel”
“I had a pretty good time with the demo, but I still don’t think this kid-friendly ninja romp is worth a full retail price of $60/$50.”
“Mile Marker Zero" can be more accurately described as a romp.”
“Even when it flowed out of the wrapper in a shapeless mass, I went into extasy that could have been best described as a romp in the hay with M Monroe or E Taylor.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘romp’.
A complete Barron's Wordlist for GRE preparation. Your online flashcard replacement.
words describing slow action or movement
( open list, randomness, descriptive )
funny sex words.
Endings, results, and pinnacles. The ideal here is to somehow imply the paradoxical concept of "after-endings".
Intrigued by these words...
Long ago, I learned a useful habit from a good friend: Every time he looked up a word in his dictionary, he’d put a mark next to it. His explanation for this was vague at best, but I understood a...
Looking for tweets for romp.