American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Often Offensive Featuring minimally clothed or naked women, typically in pornography: girlie magazines.
- adj. Often Offensive Weak, timid, or effeminate. Used of men.
- n. slang A magazine targeted to an adult male audience and containing nude or semi-nude photographs of women.
- n. colloquial A young girl.
- adj. slang Of entertainment, involving attractive women or images thereof, usually nude or wearing skimpy clothing.
“My girlie is demanding for sure, and it makes me feel all sorts of guilty when it seems that her wishes take precedent over her big brother’s.”
“Neither of those two extremes — the “you were raised a man, so I know exactly what your life was like and I’m here to tell you all about it” and “I identify as a girlie for all these girlie reasons and that makes me as much a girlie as you” sides — will ever contribute to a meaningful feminist dialog on the subject.”
“I don't have many so-called girlie habits but I really hate it when my eyebrows get bushy.”
“It had been forty years at least since anyone had called her girlie.”
“BLITZER: It's likely not a ride for what the governor of California calls girlie men.”
“Shafton home in New Jersey and jollied the maid, calling her girlie, and saying he was in the employ of young Laurie Shafton and had a special private message from the young man to his mother.”
“(who's been called a girlie-girl more than once, or maybe daily)”
“Thought about that but I have a different kind of "girlie" trip going in October ... the rodeo in Vegas.”
“They thought it was too 'girlie' a thing for fantasy.”
“New York, 1968 the Supreme Court set a precedent by upholding the state's ban on selling "girlie" magazines to boys under 17, there has been no such precedent with respect to extreme violence.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘girlie’.
Or, Things That Get a Whole Lot More Fun With an -ie Ending.
See conversation on git, and have at it!
Edit: Many of the following are madeupical, but many are not. See als...
Looking for tweets for girlie.