from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Resembling pearls.
- adj. Covered or decorated with pearls or mother-of-pearl.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A pale greyish white colour, tinted with blue.
- n. tooth
- adj. Of a pale greyish white colour, tinted with blue.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Containing pearls; abounding with, or yielding, pearls.
- adj. Resembling pearl or pearls; clear; pure; transparent; iridescent.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Resembling a pearl in size, shape, texture, or color; pearlaceous.
- Resembling mother-of-pearl; nacreous: margaritaceous.
- Producing, containing, or abounding in pearls; margaritiferous; pearl-bearing.
- Dotted, flecked, or spangled as if with pearls; pearled.
- Clear; pure; glittering; translucent or transparent, as a color: as, pearly white.
- In the technique of the pianoforte, noting a touch that produces a clear, round, sweet tone, or noting a tone thus characterized.
- Clothes with large pearl buttons, worn by costermongers.
- In the manner of a pearl; like a pearl.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of a white the color of pearls
- n. informal terms for a human `tooth'
pearl + -y (Wiktionary)