from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. resembling opal in its iridescence
- n. any of several minerals resembling opal
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of, pertaining to, or like, opal in appearance; having changeable colors like those of the opal.
- n. An opaline variety of yellow chalcedony.
- n. Opal glass.
- n. An opaline color or expanse.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or like opal; also, like some property of the opal; specifically, having an iridescence like that of the opal; bluish-white, reflecting prismatic hues, as the wings of certain insects.
- n. A semi-translucent glass, whitened by the addition of phosphate of lime, peroxid of tin, or other ingredients.
- n. An opalina.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having a play of lustrous rainbow colors
Sorry, no etymologies found.