from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or covered with ashes.
- adj. Having the color of ashes; pale.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. having the color of ashes.
- adj. A pallor.
- adj. having dry or dead skin (therefore discolored).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to, or composed of, ashes; filled, or strewed with, ashes.
- adj. Ash-colored; whitish gray; deadly pale.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Belonging to, consisting of, or resembling ashes; hence, ash-colored; pale.
- Sprinkled with ashes.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of a light grey
Sorry, no etymologies found.