from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Making or likely to make splashes.
- adj. Covered with splashes of color.
- adj. Showy; ostentatious. See Synonyms at showy.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Relating to making splashes or the sound of splashing.
- adj. Showy, ostentatious.
- adj. Splashed with color.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Full of dirty water; wet and muddy, so as be easily splashed about; slushy.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Full of dirty water; wet; wet and muddy; plashy.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. marked by ostentation but often tasteless
- adj. characterized by water flying about haphazardly
- adj. covered with patches of bright color
Hot on the heels of the news of Patrick McGoohan's death is the further news that Ricardo Montalban, the Mexican-born actor who became a star in splashy MGM musicals and later as the wish-fulfilling Mr. Roarke in TV's "Fantasy Island," died Wednesday morning at his home, a city councilman said.
Promoted by what has been described as a splashy World AIDS Day event attended by three U. S. Presidents, business magnates and rock stars, this conclusion was based on the results of a study of 1,763 couples where only one of the partners tested positive for the HIV virus.
USATODAY. com - Zur ousted by Frenchman in splashy finish
The boat passed rambling complexes of monasteries, their walls and roofs lit by the sun in splashy yellow shades.
Mobile World Congress, Samsung launched its first Bada OS phone, the Wave, in what can only be described as a splashy event.
On the eve of Mobile World Congress, Samsung launched its first Bada OS phone, the Samsung Wave, in what can only be described as a splashy event.
What do you guys think of this new cast photo — all kind of splashy and wind-blown ...
Another New Atlantis Cast Photo : SF Universe - SF Universe is your Science Fiction central. From SciFi television to movies to books and more. All the latest news, reviews and insights from SciFi experts.
Since Mr. Jackson's 2005 acquittal on child-molestation charges, various entertainment-industry executives have pursued some kind of splashy comeback for him.
Back in 2001, Eric asked for a brainstorm of a few "splashy" ideas in search.
The other four get "splashy" when Shostakovich's extremely loud scoring overwhelms the Köln Philharmonie.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.