from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Making or likely to make splashes.
- adj. Covered with splashes of color.
- adj. Showy; ostentatious. See Synonyms at showy.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Relating to making splashes or the sound of splashing.
- adj. Showy, ostentatious.
- adj. Splashed with color.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Full of dirty water; wet and muddy, so as be easily splashed about; slushy.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Full of dirty water; wet; wet and muddy; plashy.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. marked by ostentation but often tasteless
- adj. characterized by water flying about haphazardly
- adj. covered with patches of bright color
splash + -y (Wiktionary)