American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Resembling or containing trash; cheap or worthless: trashy merchandise.
- adj. In very poor taste or of very poor quality: "There was a special pathos ... within ... her trashy tales” ( James Wolcott).
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Encumbered with trash, that is, with the growth of the previous season.
- Composed of or resembling trash, rubbish, or dross; waste; worthless; useless.
- adj. Like trash; containing much trash
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Like trash; containing much trash; waste; rejected; worthless; useless.
- adj. cheap and inferior; of no value
- adj. tastelessly showy
- trash + -y (Wiktionary)
““This gives a whole new meaning to the term trashy romance.””
“This gives a whole new meaning to the term trashy romance.”
“Seeing the stars of "Glee" in trashy mode clearly doesn't set a great example for them.”
“When we see people who act like those 4 people, we laugh at them. trashy is right.”
“I also write erotic romance and read a lot of it and I'll never ever ever call it trashy or dumb.”
“The only thing trashy is you continuing your ridiculous smearing.”
“I liked how they showed the historical events that took place in the Hump bar, that helped to show that it was more than a 'trashy'-type bar.”
“But even on its home turf, Mattel faces pressure from privately held doll manufacturer MGA Entertainment, whose distinctly non-Malibu Bratz dolls are designed to be saucy, ethnic and a bit "trashy"--and perhaps more alluring to modern kid sensibilities.”
“MEGAN FOX has hit out at critics who have dubbed her tattoos "trashy" - and vowed to cover herself in body art to spite them.”
“Emaciated spokesmodel in trashy Versace gown pulling – weakly, mind you, she only had a carrot and a Marlboro Light for lunch – at my arm.)”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘trashy’.
A Russian Doll word is a word that, when you remove the first and last letters, is either the empty string, or a Russian Doll word. These are all of the 6 or more letter Russian Doll words found in...
What a -Y does to an otherwise common, dull word
The new favourite words of people on Twitter.
A script searches Twitter for "X is my new favorite word" and adds it to this list.
grabbable, retuiteando, leaving, fantastic, absolutely, kurwa, hella, ridic, underpass, hate, interlude, plush and 2369 more...
just a few of my fave words.
Looking for tweets for trashy.