American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Containing or resembling cheese.
- adj. Informal Of poor quality; shoddy.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having the consistence, taste, odor, etc., of cheese; resembling cheese in any respect; caseous. Cheesy degeneration or transformation, caseous degeneration (which see, under caseous).
- Stylish; fine; showy; ‘quite the cheese.’
- adj. of or relating to cheese
- adj. resembling, or containing cheese
- adj. informal of poor quality through being overdramatic, excessively emotional or clichéd, trite, contrived, shoddy
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Having the nature, qualities, taste, form, consistency, or appearance of cheese.
- adj. of very poor quality; flimsy.
- cheese + -y (Wiktionary)
- Sense 2, possibly from cheesy, showy, from cheese3. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“And my reaction was “omg how cheesy is that” and I laughed as well.”
“At the time it looked really cheesy from the ads and the way they pushed the game, but in actuallity it was one of the best games of its type.”
“No one can master the ultimate in cheesy goodness like a musical.”
“A post-apocalyptic shanty town with people dressed in cheesy clothing.”
“I refer particularly to the practice, which perhaps originated in cheesy Gothic romances but is most firmly established in bad fantasy, of taking familiar or (God help us) transiently fashionable names, changing a couple of letters, sticking in an apostrophe or two, and passing them off as something wild and exotic.”
“Partying in cheesy discos and singing along to cheesy karaoke tracks is undeniably a highlight of any weekend.”
“Go ahead and laugh -- until one day these workers will stand up inspired by the music you call cheesy and break their chains.”
“Even though I never cared for cap america. he is kind of cheesy, which is why I could see W.”
“[begin cheesy music] Gee, look at us ... blogging our way towards being better parents.”
“Tentacle porn is what happens when you go to a con with some people you don’t know that well, and they run into some people they know that you don’t, and you doze off on somebody’s floor, and wake up an indeterminate amount of time later to a falsetto voice screaming in Japanese, cheesy-dramatic porn music, and then you open your eyes and see what’s on the TV…”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘cheesy’.
everything cheese,expressions like
stiff cheddar,turophile's heaven
a work in progress
Words that are fun to say....
The new favourite words of people on Twitter.
A script searches Twitter for "X is my new favorite word" and adds it to this list.
unfathomably, glice, cuh, fab, ciggaty, doll, thuggin, oxymoronic, pineapple, succubutt, griming, cheeky and 2369 more...
A complete list of the green cards (adjectives) from the popular word game.
Compare the etymologies of these words as given in the OED with the Gaelic backgrounders in this book, How the Irish Invented Slang: The Secret Language of the Crossroads (Counterpunch, 2007). Awai...
lista wyrazów, zwrotów i idiomów dla klasy 1d
Words from 2009 'Ghosts of Girlfriends Past' film.
Looking for tweets for cheesy.