from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Containing or resembling cheese.
- adj. Informal Of poor quality; shoddy.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of or relating to cheese
- adj. resembling, or containing cheese
- adj. of poor quality through being overdramatic, excessively emotional or clichéd, trite, contrived, shoddy
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having the nature, qualities, taste, form, consistency, or appearance of cheese.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having the consistence, taste, odor, etc., of cheese; resembling cheese in any respect; caseous. Cheesy degeneration or transformation, caseous degeneration (which see, under caseous).
- Stylish; fine; showy; ‘quite the cheese.’
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of very poor quality; flimsy
Sense 2, possibly from cheesy, showy, from cheese3.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
cheese + -y (Wiktionary)