from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Affected with, caused by, or resembling mange.
- adj. Having many worn spots; shabby: a mangy old fur coat.
- adj. Rundown and filthy; squalid: mangy tenements.
- adj. Mean; contemptible.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Afflicted with mange.
- adj. Worn and squalid-looking; bedraggled or decrepit.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Infected with the mange; scabby.
- adj. Shabby; worn-out; seedy; run-down; squalid.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. See mange, n.
- Infected with the mange; scabby; hence, untidily rough or shaggy, as if from mange.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having many worn or threadbare spots in the nap
mange + -y (Wiktionary)