from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- v. Past participle of wear.
- adj. Affected by wear or use.
- adj. Impaired or damaged by wear or use: the worn pockets on a jacket.
- adj. Showing the wearing effects of overwork, care, worry, or suffering.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Past participle of wear
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- p. p. of wear.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Impaired or otherwise affected by wear or use.
- Spent; passed.
- Wearied; exhausted; showing signs of care, illness, fatigue, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. showing the wearing effects of overwork or care or suffering
- adj. affected by wear; damaged by long use
Middle English, past participle of weren, to wear; see wear.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Old English geworen (Wiktionary)