from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Showing the effects of worry, anxiety, or burdensome responsibility: the parent's careworn face.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Showing the signs of long-term stresses.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Worn or burdened with care.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Worn, oppressed, or burdened with care; showing marks of care or anxiety: as, he was weary and care-worn; a care-worn countenance.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. showing the wearing effects of overwork or care or suffering
care + worn (Wiktionary)