from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Suggestive of death; corpselike: a cadaverous odor.
- adj. Of corpselike pallor; pallid: "I saw a cadaverous face appear at a small window” ( Charles Dickens).
- adj. Emaciated; gaunt: a cadaverous mongrel picking through the garbage.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Corpselike; hinting of death; imitating a cadaver
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having the appearance or color of a dead human body; pale; ghastly.
- adj. Of or pertaining to, or having the qualities of, a dead body.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to a dead body; especially, having the appearance or color of the body of a dead person; pale; wan; ghastly.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to a cadaver or corpse
- adj. very thin especially from disease or hunger or cold
cadaver + -ous (Wiktionary)