from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Inclined to a healthy rosiness; ruddy.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Ruddy.
- adj. Possessing a red complexion.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Inclining to redness; ruddy; red.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Inclining to redness; ruddy; blood-red: said especially of the face; in botany, turning rosy-red.
- Synonyms Rosy, etc. See ruddy.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. inclined to a healthy reddish color often associated with outdoor life
Latin rubicundus; see reudh- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Latin rubicundus, from rubere 'be red'. (Wiktionary)