American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Having the characteristic pink or red color of a rose.
- adj. Flushed with a healthy glow: rosy cheeks.
- adj. Consisting of, decorated with, or suggestive of a rose or roses.
- adj. Bright or cheerful; optimistic: rosy predictions.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Resembling a rose in color or qualities; red; blushing; blooming.
- Consisting of roses; made of roses.
- Made in the form of rose.
- Synonyms See ruddy.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Resembling a rose in color, form, or qualities; blooming; red; blushing; also, adorned with roses.
- adj. presaging good fortune
- adj. having the pinkish flush of health
- adj. reflecting optimism
- adj. of blush color
- From Cockney rhyming slang, "Rosie Lee". (Wiktionary)
“The dog-musher wore a moustache, but the other, a taller and younger man, was smooth-shaven, his skin rosy from the pounding of his blood and the running in the frosty air.”
“The dog-musher wore a mustache, but the other, a taller and younger man, was smooth-shaven, his skin rosy from the pounding of his blood and the running in the frosty air.”
“He said yesterday, though, that he understands that some of his Republican colleagues are frustrated with the White House because of what he calls their rosy scenarios about Iraq.”
“Carolina Stacey, a general manager at Lucky Wishbone, which is kitty-corner to the Red Roof Inn, questioned what she called a rosy picture being painted by RuralCAP.”
“But the first clue things aren't all rosy is that Senator Kinsey is now President.”
“I am a qualified Environmental Technologist who saw the world in rosy pink shades.”
“Clearly, the White House said it wasn't going to present these so-called rosy scenarios.”
“BASH: On Iraq, some GOP lawmakers are calling the rosy picture the White House paints unrealistic, even harmful.”
“Even as it was, it could hardly be described as rosy, though the planter seemed quite unaware that death in a gruesome form was drawing closer and closer.”
“Then she too shook off her uncomfortable thoughts, and calling the rosy”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘rosy’.
tiara's color lists rebuilt :)
( visual, colors, red, descriptive, randomness )
like nobody's bui..., soap up, plug away, country club, horse whisperer, cease and desist, eye of the beholder, small-claims court, nut job, heebie-jeebies, hole in the wall, black-tie and 101 more...
A complement to Chromonyms and Chromonyms 2, which are restricted to nouns that have appeared in at least one dictionary. If a word can be either a noun or an adjective, I list it as a noun. This l...
Words related to red.
Looking for tweets for rosy.