from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having the characteristic pink or red color of a rose.
- adj. Flushed with a healthy glow: rosy cheeks.
- adj. Consisting of, decorated with, or suggestive of a rose or roses.
- adj. Bright or cheerful; optimistic: rosy predictions.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. rose-coloured
- adj. Resembling rose, as in scent of perfume
- adj. optimistic
- n. tea
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Resembling a rose in color, form, or qualities; blooming; red; blushing; also, adorned with roses.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Resembling a rose in color or qualities; red; blushing; blooming.
- Consisting of roses; made of roses.
- Made in the form of a rose.
- Synonyms See ruddy.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. presaging good fortune
- adj. having the pinkish flush of health
- adj. reflecting optimism
- adj. of blush color
From rose + -y (Wiktionary)
From Cockney rhyming slang, "Rosie Lee". (Wiktionary)