from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of blush.
- n. The action of the verb to blush.
- adj. That which blushes.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Showing blushes; rosy red; having a warm and delicate color like some roses and other flowers; blooming; ruddy; roseate.
- n. The act of turning red; the appearance of a reddish color or flush upon the cheeks.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of becoming red in the face through modesty, confusion, or shame; suffusion with a roseate tint.
- Modest; bashful; given to blushing or suffused with blushes: as, a blushing maiden.
- Freshly blooming; roseate, literally or figuratively.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having a red face from embarrassment or shame or agitation or emotional upset
Sorry, no etymologies found.