from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Flowing forth suddenly or violently.
- v. Present participle of gush.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Rushing forth with violence, as a fluid; flowing copiously.
- adj. Emitting copiously, as tears or words; weakly and unreservedly demonstrative in matters of affection; sentimental.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Escaping with force, as a fluid; flowing copiously.
- Emitting copiously: as, a gushing spring.
- Exuberantly and demonstratively emotional; given to or characterized by gush: as, a gushing girl; a gushing letter.
- Synonyms Sentimental, hysterical, etc. (in style). See bombast.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. flowing profusely
- adj. extravagantly demonstrative
- adj. uttered with unrestrained enthusiasm
Sorry, no etymologies found.