from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Not sincere; hypocritical.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. not sincere
- adj. not serious
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not being in truth what one appears to be; not sincere; dissembling; hypocritical; disingenuous; deceitful; false; -- said of persons; also of speech, thought; etc..
- adj. Disappointing; imperfect; unsound.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not genuine; unsound; imperfect.
- Not sincere in character; making a false or hypocritical show of opinions or feelings.
- Not sincere in quality; simulated; deceptive; false.
- Synonyms Disingenuous, uncandid, double-faced, hollow.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. lacking sincerity
From Latin insincerus. (Wiktionary)