from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Piously sure of one's own righteousness; moralistic.
- adj. Exhibiting pious self-assurance: self-righteous remarks.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. piously self-assured and smugly moralistic
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Righteous in one's own esteem; pharisaic.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Righteous in one's own esteem; pharisaical.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. excessively or hypocritically pious
self- + righteous (Wiktionary)