from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Made holy. Set aside for sacred or ceremonial use.
- v. Past participle of sanctify
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Made holy; also, made to have the air of sanctity; sanctimonious.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Made holy; consecrated; set apart for sacred services; hence, affecting holiness; sanctimonious: as, a sanctified whine.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. made or declared or believed to be holy; devoted to a deity or some religious ceremony or use
Sorry, no etymologies found.