from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Wholly committed to a particular course of thought or action; devoted: a dedicated musician.
- adj. Designed for a particular use or function: "The satellite beams the information down to Earth, where it is sent through dedicated telephone wires to the Space Telescope Science Institute” ( Boston Globe).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Devoted; loyal; conscientious.
- v. Past participle of dedicate
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. wholly committed to a purpose or cause.
- adj. zealous in loyalty or affection.
- adj. set apart especially for a higher purpose.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. devoted to a cause or ideal or purpose
- adj. solemnly dedicated to or set apart for a high purpose
Sorry, no etymologies found.