from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- v. Past tense and past participle of try.
- adj. Thoroughly tested and proved to be good or trustworthy.
- adj. Made to undergo trials or distress. Often used in combination: a much-tried teacher.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of try.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- imp. & p. p. of try
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Tested; proved; hence, firm; reliable.
- Choice; excellent.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. tested and proved to be reliable
- adj. tested and proved useful or correct
Sorry, no etymologies found.