from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Not attempted, tested, or proved.
- adj. Law Not tried in court.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Not yet tried or tested; unknown.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not tried; not attempted.
- Not yet felt or experienced: as, untried sufferings.
- Not subjected to trial; not tested or put to the test.
- Unnoticed; unexamined.
- Not having passed trial; not heard and determined in law: as, the cause remains untried.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. not yet proved or subjected to testing
- adj. not tried or tested by experience
From un- + try + -ed. (Wiktionary)