from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Not fully grown or developed. See Synonyms at young.
- adj. Marked by or suggesting a lack of normal maturity: silly, immature behavior.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Not fully formed or developed, unripe.
- adj. Silly or childish in behavior.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not mature; unripe; not arrived at perfection of full development; crude; unfinished
- adj. Premature; untimely; too early.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not mature or ripe; not complete in growth or development; hence, unfinished; not perfected: as, immature fruit; an immature youth; immature plans or counsels.
- Coming before the natural time; premature; too early.
- Synonyms Raw, green, crude, unfinished, undigested.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (of birds) not yet having developed feathers
- adj. not yet mature
- adj. (used of living things especially persons) in an early period of life or development or growth
- adj. not fully developed or mature; not ripe
- adj. characteristic of a lack of maturity
Latin immātūrus : in-, not; see in-1 + mātūrus, mature; see mā-1 in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)