from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Not present; absent.
- adj. Lost: a missing person; soldiers missing in action.
- adj. Lacking; wanting: This book has 12 missing pages.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of miss.
- adj. Not able to be located; gone; absent; lost.
- adj. To be running roughly due an occasional lack of a spark or other irregular fault
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Absent from the place where it was expected to be found; lost; lacking; wanting; not present when called or looked for.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not present or not found; absent: gone.
- To sing amiss.
- n. Want; lack.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. nonexistent
- adj. not able to be found
Sorry, no etymologies found.
More than 8,100 remain missing from the Korean War, and 1,779 from Vietnam.
With this accounting, 8,025 service members still remain missing from the conflict.
Owing to your world-view, you are sensitive to issues like under-representation and rightfully lament what you have witnessed all your life; poor people and more specifically, people of color for the most part are once again missing from the table.
More than 220 personnel from Florida alone remain missing from the Vietnam, Korea and Cold
The name, inspired by the phrase "missing in action," was revealed on the website of the New York Daily News.
The scaly escape artist has been named Mia, inspired by the phrase "missing in action," in an online vote sponsored by the Daily News and the Wildlife Conservation Society.
The scaly escape artist has been named Mia, inspired by the phrase "missing in action," in an online vote sponsored by the Daily News and the
Henry Kuloba, 27, a lawyer, was among those who said he found his name missing from the rolls in Kampala.
The NFL announced the 65 underclassmen who have been declared eligible for the 2012 draft, and there's a name missing from that list that will certainly have people interested: Chris Polk.
But Las Vegas voters will find his name missing from Tuesday's primary election ballot.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.