from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Resembling a sketch; giving only major points or parts.
- adj. Lacking in substance or completeness; incomplete.
- adj. Slight; superficial.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Roughly or hastily laid out; intended for later refinement.
- adj. Resembling a comedy sketch, of sketch quality.
- adj. Of questionable or doubtful quality.
- adj. Suspected of taking part in illicit or dishonorable dealings.
- adj. Disturbing or unnerving, often in such a way that others may suspect them of intending physical or sexual harm or harassment.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Containing only an outline or rough form; being in the manner of a sketch; incomplete.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having the form or character of a sketch; suggesting in outline rather than portraying by finished execution: as, a sketchy narrative.
- Characteristic of a sketch; slight; undetailed; unfinished.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. giving only major points; lacking completeness
sketch + -y (Wiktionary)