from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Not strictly accurate or precise; not exact: an inexact quotation; an inexact description of what had taken place.
- adj. Not rigorous or meticulous: an inexact mind; an inexact method.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Imperfectly conforming; exceeding or falling short in some respect.
- adj. Imprecisely or indefinitely conceived or stated
- adj. having a path-dependent integral
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not exact; not precisely correct or true; inaccurate.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not exact; not precisely correct, accurate, or punctual.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. not exact
Sorry, no etymologies found.