from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Characterized by neglect; heedless: neglectful of their responsibilities. See Synonyms at negligent.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Tending to neglect; failing to take care of matters which require attention.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Full of neglect; heedless; careless; negligent; inattentive; indifferent.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Characterized by neglect, inattention, or indifference to something which ought to be or is worthy of being done, attended to, or regarded; heedless; inattentive; careless: used either absolutely, or with of before the object of neglect: as, he is very neglectful; neglectful of one's duties.
- Indicating neglect, slight, or indifference.
- Synonyms Remise, etc. See negligent.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. failing in what duty requires
- adj. not showing due care or attention
From neglect + -ful. (Wiktionary)